-- --

Sunday, August 19, 2007

All Work and a Little Play


I apologize for how lax I've been as a writer, and I apologize in advance for how boring this entry is. My life has been pretty monotonous, and I promise to liven things up (without going postal).

The past couple weeks have been a whirlwind of days and nights, slaving away until 9 or 10 pm. Sunday, we worked til 2:30 am, only to return early Monday morning to scurry around right up til the car took us to the airport.

Fortunately, our presentations in Aspen were well received. We have a ton of work ahead and a hectic schedule, but that's normal. New York must be the home for workaholism. Some people work hard and play hard, while others just work very, very hard. I reached my limit on this deadline. The upcoming vacation will be the perfect time to recover.

With full day meetings on two days, there was little time to wander around town. When we did wander, we got lost (how does one function with streets that have names?). We were lucky enough to stay at The Little Nell, which was beautiful. The rooms were charming and luxurious, and the service excellent. It seemed like any time I left my room, someone would go in there to clean it up. In high season, my room goes for $750 a night. Whew!

We capped off our trip with a huge, delicious Italian dinner at Campo de Fiori, sitting outside among the wildflower arrangements. We ate until bursting and, braindead, had nothing to say to one another. It was the perfect way to end the trip.

Now we're home to scramble and do it all over again.


Photo by Lars Jensen. For more great images, click here.

0 comments: