-- --

Friday, June 13, 2008

California Dreamin'

Yankees Fan
Photo by myself on the Santa Monica Pier.

I ran into this fellow New Yorker on the Santa Monica Pier today. He was scampering around with his buddy, who was a brownish version with an LA Dodgers visor.

Both fellas shuffled by me, while another woman and I chased after them for photos. I suppose they must get this kind of attention all the time.

--

Greetings from much too sunny California!

After an early flight, Mark and I drove out to Santa Monica to hang out and walk along the beach. It was incredibly sunny and beautiful. There were people wading in the ocean, people selling their artwork, people taking lessons on a trapeze, people playing volleyball and people playing chess.

On the Santa Monica Pier

There was an amusement park with a ferris wheel, a carousel and other rides as well. Screams would spill out from the kiddie roller coaster every minute. This was all happening at ten thirty on a Thursday morning. I'd love to know what all these folks do for a living, and if they're hiring.

By 7:30pm California time (10:30pm New York time) we were zombies. After a brief dinner out with my parents, Mark and I called it a night.

We don't have anything specific planned for tomorrow, most likely toodling around Santa Monica, before the rehearsal dinner for my brother's wedding. I can't wait to continue to walk around with the camera.

At least we can count on it being sunny and nice outside.

Trapeze practice

Yankees Fan


Related posts: East Coast, West Coast, Tell Me About the Rabbits and From the Left Coast.

13 comments:

Olivier said...

une photo culte, tout le monde aime NYC ;o)
a photo worship, everyone loves NYC ;o)

Azure Accessories said...

I enjoy your photos...the fact that you choose completely random shots is what appeals to me...your choice of subjects is interesting...

cheers

Patrizia said...

I'd like a small vacation in California too!!!! But it would take me about 9 or 10 hours flight ...

I guess it would be already nice for me to have just some sun here in "sunny Italy" ...

Anonymous said...

I must say, this is one of the nicest photos I have seen this morning.

Kitty said...

Thanks Olivier!

Welcome Heather and thanks!
I look forward to browsing through all the lovely jewelry on your blog

Hi Patrizia
wow, what a long flight. I'm surprised it isn't nice right now in Italy. You'd think it'd be glorious every day?

Morning Mr Lincoln
Thank you sir!

fishwithoutbicycle said...

Enjoy your time in California Kitty

Mom Knows Everything said...

Cool photos! Imagine running into a fellow New Yorker there....hehehe(talking about the dog)

Anonymous said...

What a huge beach! I grew up going to Rehoboth in Delaware, where the waves crash just a couple of yards from the boardwalk at high tide.

Ming the Merciless said...

Have fun in sunny California and the wedding.

I'm slowly getting my mojo back -- been taking some photos this week and enjoying it.

Anonymous said...

I love California!!! I am jealous you are there and I am here. :(

Hope you and Mark are having a great time.

Kitty said...

Thanks Fish! :-)

haha, Tammy, yes. Mark and I were delighted. The dog didn't think much of it!

Hey Spandrel
I love beaches, and it's funny how each will have its own personality. The one running along venice/santa monica/malibu varies depending on where you are. Some of the beach is humungus.

Glad to hear it, Ming. Your photos actually look different to me lately, if that means anything.

Aw, thanks Tam.
It's nice here. I can't imagine being here all year round. Sending you some warm thoughts!

Carolyn said...

Cute. I am going to get all my pups hats. They will look so cute!

Kitty said...

lol, Carolyn.
You'll have to take pictures!