-- --

Saturday, July 26, 2008

Read All About It

Sitting on Sidewalk
Photo by myself on 6th Avenue, somewhere in Midtown.

--

Despite the internet, newspapers are thriving here.

Beyond the usual Times, Journal, Post and Daily News, there are local papers handed out for free every workday morning at subway stations and street corners.

My apologies for the rampant black and white photographs. For some reason, they're the only ones working for me right now.

I took the one above from a cab, heading uptown.

Happy weekend, everyone!

Related posts: Climbing the Times.

9 comments:

Federkissen said...

I like Black and white photographs. They oldfashioned in good way :)

Jilly said...

Lovely shot. Same here - papers are still very much part of life, despite the Internet. I use both for my news and information.

This is great in B and W.

Kitty said...

Welcome Blacksun!
Thanks for visiting.

I like b/w's too. There's something timeless about them.

Thanks Jilly
People fear newspapers disappearing, but I don't think it'll happen. I'm sure their sales have been affected, though.

JAMJARSUPERSTAR said...

Well newspaper are just a bit easier when you're outdoors - plus they make a great fan in the heat!
Ciao

Scarlet

dianasfaria.com said...

There is something about reading a book or paper that can't be replaced.
Your black and whites are classic-nice shot!

PJ said...

I read your posts about meeting Mark and about Louie. I was really touched by both stories.

Kitty said...

Hi Scarlet
With commuting on the subway, people actually have time to spare to read. Driving is a whole other story.

Thanks Lily!

Hi PJ
Thanks, I'm glad you liked those posts. I haven't spoken with Louie's owner in a while, but he's in great hands. The nice thing, too, is that he's with other cats.

Anonymous said...

I like your black and white photographs, B&W works really well with your street photography.

Andrea said...

I like your black and white photographs, B&W works really well with your street photography.