-- --

Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Tis the Season and the World Series

Pumpkins, NYC
Photo by myself on 41st Street and 5th Avenue, in Midtown.

Yes, we do have pumpkins. New Yorkers are lucky to get their fair share of fresh produce.

--

The New York Yankees are in the World Series, once again. Woohooo!!!!

I have to admit that I'm a fair weather Yankees fan. Meaning that I tune in when they're in the playoffs or the series. It's a rather obnoxious character trait, since the Yankees make it to the playoffs often.

Bleacher seats go for around $65 each during the Series. The costliest tickets cost more than $1,700 each. Pretty crazy, eh? Most New Yorkers enjoy watching the games from home.

I have to say that from personal experience, baseball games are better watched on television than at the ballpark. Mark and I fail to have the patience to sit through a baseball game in person. Believe me, we have tried.

Related posts: Night View, Canal Street, Lichee Stand, Sunset Park and How You Can Have What You Crave When You Want It.

2 comments:

valeria said...

Oh, pumpkins. There are pumpkins everywhere here, too. Halloween has conquered Italy...

dianasfaria.com said...

I love this pretty October display.
& With regard to sitting through an entire game-at least you tried too! I went to a game last year knowing full well we would be leaving early. Sometimes it's good to leave when it's still fun.