-- --

Sunday, April 4, 2010

All Abloom, in Battery Park City

Cherry Blossoms, Battery Park
Photo by myself at the Oval Lawn, in Battery Park City.

A small grove of cherry trees bloomed in the heart of Battery Park City at the southern tip of Manhattan, surrounded by tall apartment buildings.

Families, runners, saunterers and sun worshipers were out in full force, Saturday, enjoying the good weather. The park in Battery Park City winds along the waterfront. You can walk along the water or tuck into shaded garden areas.

The park is relatively new and is very well maintained. From here, you have clear views of the Empire State Building, the Statue of Liberty and the New Jersey shoreline.

Saturday afternoon, Mark, Rupert and I toured around the 36-acre park. One loop around is a long walk. There is also a marina for small boats, a ferry terminal and a dog run. Rupert had a grand time sniffing about and met some Manhattan buddies.

For a map of the park in Battery Park City, click here. (The blue in the map designates buildings, not water).
For detailed information about all aspects of Battery Park City, click here.

Cherry Blossoms, Battery Park

Related posts: Happy Summer, The Community Garden - An Urban Oasis and A Touch of Nature, in Prospect Park.

17 comments:

kaisu said...

so beautiful!!
greetings from finland! :)

frankdejol said...

beautiful place + beautiful weather = nice relaxation

Inspiration & Coffee said...

Lovely trees they are so beautiful.:)

Ken said...

Glorious! It could almost be a new Musical: "Saturday in the Park with Rupert!" Love it!

Brenda's Arizona said...

Spring has arrived! Beautiful trees and your photos are great. Thank you for the link to the map of the park, etc. I love visualizing where your places are.

Luis Gomez said...

Beautiful!!!!

Robert said...

Beautiful picture, I've got this tree in my own backyard, I can tell you when those white leaves fall off you really got a mess in your garden. But the tree is beautiful!

Sandy at Ooh La Frou Frou said...

Wow -- I can almost smell the air and hear the birds!

RedPat said...

Wow! I was so surprised to see trees so much in bloom - it looks incredible. Springtime is wonderful.

Louis la Vache said...

Mme la Vache et «Louis» wish you a Blessed Easter.

elsie said...

magical! I feel transported!!

dianasfaria.com said...

so pretty! This looks like a great place to take a nature break.
I notice the cherry trees bloom at different times on Long Island. I photographed some in Roslyn the other day while the one in my backyard is not quite ready yet.

Washington said...

Wow! That is trully amazing. I saw that (the cherry blossom) in Tokio and for me it is unforgettable.

Unknown said...

It's the first time I see Battery Park dressed in white! Fantastic, it looks like Japan in spring! :-)
I enjoy your NYC photos very much.

VH McKenzie said...

Wonderful photos -- you've captured the scene perfectly. My daughter and I rode our bikes down to Battery Park from the East Village yesterday and saw these beautiful blossoms everywhere. Thanks for posting these.

Leif Hagen said...

Your political advice proved true at the end of the day with the last comments posted on my blog today...

Andrea said...

it looks magical!!