-- --

Monday, November 15, 2010

Through the Glass, at Russ and Daughters

Outside Russ & Daughters, LES
Photo by myself on Houston between Orchard and Allen Streets, on the Lower East Side.

Russ and Daughters, a specialty food store on the Lower East Side, has been in operation nearly 100 years.

In the window, there are crates of dried fruits, including pears, apricots, peaches and mangoes. Inside, they sell caviars and a large assortment of smoked fish, including salmon, herring and trout.

For a peek inside the store, click here.
Check out the Russ and Daughters website, where you can order their food online here.

Related posts: Live Poetry, on the Lower East Side, Making Off with the Lower East Side and Sweet Dreams at Economy Candy, Downtown.

12 comments:

Olivier said...

j'ai visite leur site internet, ils ont du choix et tout cela donne envie.

Joanne said...

Fabulous! Could eat all of that:)

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Looks lovely! A 100 years! Wow! That is really something.

dianasfaria.com said...

Nice shot Kitty. I love being able to look inside the window.
& I think I may have to order some of that Salmon for Christmas...

Cesc Sales said...

There are so many things that to see across the mirror!

biebkriebels said...

I love those special shops, they have so many nice things. Far much interesting than a supermarket.

elsie said...

I always LOVE your peeking through the windows shots - make me feel like I'm standing out on the street in the heart of everything!

Leif Hagen said...

I'd have to take a swing in there!

RedPat said...

What a great shop. Looks like it has all the character of 100 years in business.

Ken Mac said...

you made it look so warm!

Gunn said...

Wish I was there....
A nice and interesting shot.

Pierre said...

Photos of market with such great color are always pleasant to see
I Will pût a parisien market on m'y blog