-- --

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

In Prayer, Underground

Praying, 34th Street
Photo by myself on the 34th Street subway platform.

A man knelt in prayer in a tight spot on the subway platform at 34th Street.

The sign at the man's feet reads 'Please keep your money & food. God Bless You.'

Piled high on top of the man's belongings are a crucifix and a figurine.

--

I apologize for how shocking this image is. I must say though that I was truly moved by this sight.

Related posts: Worthy Causes, Baby, It's Cold Outside and Seasons Greetings, from the MTA.

3 comments:

Olivier said...

je me demande si je l'ai pas pris en photo la derniere fois. La solitude dans NYC

Ken Mac said...

Humbling.

Kitty said...

Hi Olivier
I am curious about whether you saw this man before. I don't think I've seen him.

I agree. It's such a strange thing, you can be surrounded by people but alone at the same time.

Hi Ken,

Yes. That is the best word for this moment.