-- --

Saturday, September 3, 2011

The Morning Commute, Underground

Morning Commute
Photo by myself at the DeKalb subway station in Brooklyn.

It's Labor Day weekend, which marks the end of summer and beginning of the school year.

The morning commute will not take place on Monday, as most people have the day off. Hooray! Banks and post offices are closed.

As you can imagine, rush hour in New York can be a little too close for comfort. Most New Yorkers wind up standing very close to strangers and no words are exchanged except the occasional 'Sorry' or 'Excuse me' as the train jostles along.

For whatever reason, we also tend to avoid looking at each other. The subway is often much more packed with people than in the photo above.

Happy weekend, everyone!

Related posts: Delays on the B Train, Underground, In Line, on the Phone and A Moment, on the Subway Platform.

4 comments:

VALERIE WANG said...

lol love your words!and you did a great job on capturing the typical nyc subway!




xx

AnnLee said...

Came across ur blog,it's amazing! Makes me wanna go NYC now.Greetings from Malaysia,cheers:)

Minna said...

Wow. Your blog is just what I need. I live in Finland and the winter is coming and every time here's winter I wish I was in NYC. This blog makes me feel good, because I get the chance to see normal life in New York City and I wish I could have it someday.

Looking forward to get to know to your blog more!

RedPat said...

Glad I don't do the subway commute anymore! Nice one Kitty.