-- --

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

The View from 24th Street, Chelsea

The View from Chelsea
Photo by myself around 24th Street and 9th Avenue, in Chelsea.

If you look out from Chelsea northeast, you'll see the Empire State Building.

For orientation's sake, imagine the island of Manhattan. You're on the lower left side. The ESB is near the center of the island.

This is the view from London Terrace Towers. The building fills one city block, bounded by 23rd and 24th Streets on the north and south, and 8th and 9th Avenues on the east and west.

The building is a co-operative and its apartments are charming. There is a gym, garage and indoor pool in the building.

One of the apartments listed for sale there at the moment (not the one in my photo), is a four-bedroom for nearly 5 million dollars. The maintenance fee alone is over $6,500 US per month. For gorgeous photos of the apartment, click here.

I don't have any hard facts, but I guarantee that if you can write 'Empire State Building views' in your real estate ads, the apartment will raise in value.

Related posts: It's a Free Country, After All, A Peek Through Central Park, and The Sky is Falling.

10 comments:

Olivier said...

on a une belle vue (superbe photo) mais c'est vraiment cher...

Stefan Jansson said...

I'll take it. If anyone else would like to help me with the payment, that's fine as well.

Clipping Path said...

excellent photography! I've found lots of nice work on your blog. thanks a lot for sharing with us.

Anonymous said...

That's 24th Street (the building goes from 9 to 10, 23 to 24)

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Wow! Thanks for the photograph Kitty! I really miss NYC!

RedPat said...

Super shot - love all the different elements but particularly the carving! Off to check out your link.
I am well Kitty - thanks - hope you are too.

Kitty said...

Thanks everyone, esp the anon poster who corrected my cross streets!

Homes for Sale Amherst NH said...

23 to 24! I miss NYC so much

Roofing Newton MA said...

I wish I could go to NYC before I reach 40 years old.

Tech Cloud Ltd said...

Wow, such nice picture you have captured. The images look very vivid and live. Very sharp captured I must say. Surroundings are also very suitable with for photos. Good work. Please keep going. image post production