-- --

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Outside the Music Inn, in the West Village

Music Inn, nyc
Photo by myself on West 4th and Jones Streets, in the West Village.

For those with an interest for esoteric instruments from all over the world, the Music Inn would be heaven for you. For those with a touch of claustrophobia, on the other hand...

If you're on the market for a semsemia (an Egyptian harp with metal strings), mridangam (a South Indian drum made from a jackfruit tree) or a ransingha (a curved copper trumpet from India), this is the place for you.

The store opened some 40 years ago. They repair instruments too, and have a collection of records and comics in the basement. Unfortunately, I didn't get to step inside, since I was on my way to an appointment.

You can check out the huge assortment of instruments on the Music Inn website, here.

Related posts: Living in Style, in Williamsburg, Shopping on St. Mark's Place, and Shopping til Dropping, on Canal Street.

5 comments:

Rose ~ from Oz said...

I would love to bumble around in there! How fascinating. And, wonderful that some old businesses do survive.. your photo has captured a beautiful feel. Thanks Kitty!

Marcia said...

The West Village has such cool shops, next time I'm in the city I have to check them out.

RedPat said...

it looks so interesting even if you aren't into old instruments!

s.c said...

Nice shop. If I ever come to New York I will bring them a visit. Thanks for mention them.

Laura Cousins said...

I have to go there. NOW. NOW. *sigh* Oh by the way Kitty my dear, I have nominated you for a Versatile Blogger Award. Details on my blog!

http://lauracousins.blogspot.com/2012/02/versatile-blogger-award.html

L x