-- --

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

A Big Wave Hello on Fifth Avenue

Taxi Driver, nyc Photo by myself at 5th Avenue and 56th Street, in Midtown.

While stopped at a light on Fifth Avenue, Monday afternoon, I stuck my camera out the window. The driver of the cab next door rolled down his window and gave me a big, goofy hello.

And I mean big. Like many New Yorkers, this fellow was not shy.

He yelled to me that I should enter the photo in a contest, and I might win some money. Like a million dollars.

We laughed about it. Then the light changed, and off we went.

7 comments:

Olivier said...

vraiment sympathique ce conducteur de taxi, on pourrait se croire dans une Sitcom

Andy said...

Reminds of my days when I drove public transit buses. You didn't have to be crazy to work there but it sure helps if you are.

biebkriebels said...

Well he is very excited to see you and your camera.

s.c said...

Great shot. Some interaction makes the picture better, don't you think.

Kitty said...

Hi Olivier
haha, yes, this guy would fit in well with the crazy folk on Seinfeld. I can see it!

Hi Andy
I imagine so. I was talking with my cab driver about how tough it is to drive in the city. What a stressful job!

Thanks Bieb!

Hi SC
Yes, I agree!
A lot of people are sensitive to cameras these days and shy away from them. But then you get the occasional attention monger. :-)

K10 said...

That's awesome! I love it when I get a great cabbie like that. :-)

Banjo52 said...

Gusto! Nice story and great shot!