-- --

Saturday, June 30, 2012

Portrait of Two Young Bohemians, in Tompkins Square Park

Becca and Ludwig, nyc Photo by myself in Tompkins Square Park, in the East Village.

While at Tompkins Square Park the other week, I noticed a striking couple seated in a quiet corner, on a park bench. 

I'm not sure whether Becca and Ludwig were a couple or whether they were just friends. They were nice enough to allow me to take their picture. Ludwig gave me a big smile, but Becca seemed shy and didn't want to look into the camera.

Though they look very 'East Village' (ie; arty, eclectic or un-traditional), neither lives in the neighborhood.

The Portrait Series is a once-in-a-while installment, featuring New Yorkers encountered on the street.

Related posts: Portrait of Style, on the Subway Platform, Portrait of a Dog Owner, in Tompkins Square Park, and Portrait of an Artist, on the Upper East Side.

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Great photo, very interesting!

Banjo52 said...

Interesting couple? I wonder what we'd talk about . . .

Cesc Sales said...

Magic east village!

Washington Cesar Takeuchi said...

Awesome picture!