-- --

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Looking out, to Central Park South

Above Central Park, nyc
Photo by myself around 65th Street and Central Park West, on the Upper West Side.

The view toward Central Park South.

Below is Central Park West, otherwise known as Eighth Avenue. The turnaround at Columbus Circle is just out of view to the right.

I don't usually like to post two scenic photos back-to-back, but I couldn't resist. I was at an apartment Wednesday with some of my coworkers, measuring the place.

At one point I opened the casement doors and stepped out on the balcony. There were people walking not far below, and one fellow looked up at me. 'No!' I wanted to tell him. 'I don't live here. I'm the hired help. I'm just measuring'.

But it was too much to explain from 60 feet up.

Related posts: The Skyline on the Upper West Side, The View from the Upper East Side, and The View from the Brooklyn Bridge.

4 comments:

s.c said...

And a beautiful view it is. Thanks for showing us.

Banjo52 said...

I like the view, but if I lived there, it would be the trees that make the metal and concrete bearable.

Vagabonde said...

I’m looking at your pictures of New York and it makes me homesick for a real city. I guess when you are brought up in a city it is difficult to take the city out of you (I was brought up in Paris) and the suburbs are not fun. Thanks for coming to my blog. I did write a post that included Big Nicks’ restaurant last week.

sonia a. mascaro said...

What a gorgeous view!