-- --

Friday, May 29, 2015

The View on Park Avenue, in Midtown

Turnbull & Asser, NYC
Photo by myself, around 57th Street and Park Avenue in Midtown.

For my job, I go up to the Upper East Side and back down Park Avenue in a cab, often. Today I noticed a new billboard outside Turnbull & Asser, a high end mens clothing store, done in the style of a 1930's painted sign.

You see these signs sometimes even still, painted on walls here, though the real painted signs are usually in much worse shape and are sometimes partly covered by new buildings.

The couple standing in the street were trying to hail a cab. It was insanely hot and humid, and traffic was awful. But there was a slight breeze and the view was nice, haha.

For more about the story behind the mural, see the Turnbull & Asser blog, here

Related posts: Larger than Life Mural, in the East Village, Mural in Red Hook, Brooklyn, and On Target, on Houston.

2 comments:

s.c said...

I am sure that a lot of people would like to go back to those times from the advertisment. If that is a good decision I don't know.

Rose ~ from Oz said...

Kitty, great to see you posting again! I've just caught up on your last couple of posts, and thanks for calling by and saying your sweet comments! I'm still in Scotland but bringing the scot back with me in a day or two to Aust! He'll feel the heat in Oz.
Hows Rupert? Keep those NYC photos coming and you never know, the scot and I have talked of a trip to NYC. It's a good thing that work is busy, yeah?
R
x